DFI's Pre-Budget Submission 2024: Time for Action - Invest in People with Disabilities
The Disability Federation of Ireland (DFI), is calling on the government to close the gap and to invest in people with disabilities in Budget 2024.
In their Pre-Budget Submission, published today, Thursday 29 June, DFI outlines the high levels of poverty and exclusion that people with disabilities continue to live with. This is despite the growth of the domestic economy and strong finances.
DFI is calling for a range of interwoven measures in Budget 2024 to ensure disabled people have an equal opportunity to live independently in the community, with choices equal to others. This includes appropriate housing, adequate income and individualised social care supports with access to timely integrated healthcare.
DFI is also calling on the government to take action on the crisis affecting the very services that disabled people avail of. These services are under threat and funding is needed to ensure their sustainability, to increase pay by 15%, and to re-instate the link to public sector pay for disability organisations.
DFI also calls for a fully clear Budget Day announcement so disabled people can understand the implications of the budget for them - particularly in the areas of health and housing.
DFI's Pre-Budget Submission to the Department of Social Protection
Budget 2024: Disability poverty increasing while the economy grows – Action needed
Read our Pre-Budget Submission 2024 to the Department of Social Protection click here
Pre-Budget Submissions from DFI Member Organisations:
- Acquired Brain Injury Ireland click here
- Alzheimer Society of Ireland click here
- Children in Hospital click here
- CRC - Value us, value our supporters, see our potential click here
- Debra Ireland 'Invest in EB Care' click here
- Family Carers Ireland - Care Across the Life Course click here
- Irish Wheelchair Association 'Do not abandon us' click here
- MS Ireland click here
- Neurological Alliance of Ireland (NAI) click here
- Rehab Group click here
Join Pre-Budget Submissions with DFI and other groups/orgs
Other relevant Pre-Budget Submissions
- Alone click here
- Charities Institute Ireland - Partnership & Parity of Esteem click here
- National Federation of Voluntary Service Providers click here
- Inclusion Ireland click here
- National Disability Services Association (NDSA) click here
- Social Justice Ireland Budget Choices 2024 click here
- Saint Vincent De Paul - Breaking the Cycle click here
- The Wheel click here