Governance and Finance
Disability Federation of Ireland, DFI, represents the interests and the expectations of people with disabilities to be fully included in Irish society. Read our current Strategic Plan.
We are committed to the highest standards in the way we conduct ourselves and our business. We aim to be fully transparent and accountable meeting the standards for the charity sector. We are implementing:
- the Charities Governance Code set out by the Charities Regulator,
- Standard of Recommended Practice, SORP, in our financial accounts.
- Improving Quality
In 2019 DFI was one of the first two organisations in Ireland to achieve the Improving Quality Mark at Foundation Level. This is an assurance award that addresses all the essential areas necessary for the effective management and governance of a charity.
Our SOLA team are available to support organisations on their Improving Quality journey.
DFI strives to ensure we communicate the work of DFI in a transparent and easy to access way. We follow NALA’s Plain English guidelines.
- Our Memorandum & Articles of Association are our Constitution and give us direction.
- Our Annual Reports detail our activities during the preceding year and outline where we expect to go in the coming year.
- Our Directors’ Report and Financial Statements show how we spent our money in any financial year and spotlights if there are any financial challenges ahead.