About the Disability Federation of Ireland
DFI is a federation of member organisations working with people with disabilities to implement the UN CRPD and ensure their equal participation in society.
Our vision is an Ireland where people with disabilities are participating fully in all aspects of society.
Our Four-Year Goal
Our four year goal is that our member organisations are actively involved in DFI, working to implement the UN CRPD and to achieve the equal participation of people with disabilities in society.
This will be delivered by:
- Advocating for policy change
- Recognition of the value of member organisations
- Fostering self-advocacy by people with disabilities
This work will be enabled by:
- Member organisations working collaboratively
- Reconfiguration of DFI structure, processes and resources
- Excellent communication
- Enhanced focus of our limited resources
Our aspiration is that our strategy, along with the work of others, will contribute to the following outcomes:
- Policy implementation developments at national level spanning income and access to community participation.
- Member organisations in a sustainable and stronger position to support people with disabilities to have a full life.
- People with disabilities being more active within their communities, as participants, advocates, and representatives.
Read our full DFI Strategic Plan 2022 - 2025.
DFI works with many partners to deliver our work including:
The HSE, Pobal, The Dormant Accounts Fund and the Department of Rural and Community Development.