About the Disability Federation of Ireland
An Ireland where people with disabilities are participating fully in all aspects of society.
DFI is a federation of member organisations working with people with disabilities to implement the UN CRPD and ensure their equal participation in society.
Member organisations are actively involved in DFI, working to implement the UN CRPD and to achieve the equal participation of people with disabilities in society.
The goal will be delivered by:
- Advocating for policy change
- Recognition of the value of member organisations
- Fostering self-advocacy by people with disabilities
This work will be enabled by:
- Member organisations working collaboratively
- Reconfiguration of DFI structure, processes and resources
- Excellent communication
- Enhanced focus of our limited resources
Our aspiration is that this strategy, along with the work of others, will contribute to the following outcomes:
- Policy implementation developments at national level spanning income and access to community participation.
- Member organisations in a sustainable and stronger position to support people with disabilities to have a full life.
- People with disabilities being more active within their communities, as participants, advocates, and representatives.
Read our full DFI Strategic Plan 2022 - 2025.
DFI works with many partners to deliver our work inlcude: