DFI Write to Government Ministers as Part of the Pre Budget Campaign
August 31 2022, 02:53pm
DFI wrote to many government Ministers in relation to Budget 2023, sharing our pre Budget submission.
The letters emphasised the need for the 643,000 people with disabilities and their families to see their day to day lives improving as a result of Budget 2023. The government is now half-way through its term, with a maximum of three Budgets left. Commitments that have been made need to be delivered on now.
We stressed the impact that the cost of living crisis is having on people with disabilities, already living with high poverty and a chronic deficit in specialist services. Practical improvements are needed to address this.
We highlighted the specific responsibilities of each Minister. Read our letters here:
- Letter to Minister of State for Disability- Anne Rabbitte
- Letter to Minister for Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth- Roderic O’Gorman
- Letter to Minister for Social Protection - Heather Humphreys
- Letter to Tánaiste and Minister for Enterprise, Trade & Employment - Leo Varadkar
- Letter to Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform- Michael McGrath
- Letter to Minister for Finance- Paschal Donohoe
- Letter to Minister for Health- Stephen Donnelly
- Letter to Minister for Housing, Local Government and Heritage- Darragh O’Brien
DFI will continue to engage with government Ministers, and members of the Oireachtas as part of our Budget campaign.