SOLA Project Management for Community and Voluntary Organisations
29 September 2018, 10:00am - 8 December 2018, 4:00pm
Project Management for Community and Voluntary Organisations
Initation, Implementation and Realisation of Change in Community and Voluntary Organisations.
This QQI Level 8 module has been designed at the University of Limerick in conjunction with the Disability Federation of Ireland to provide learners with a comprehensive introduction to project management so that they feel confident in undertaking their own successful projects. The course is primarily aimed towards community, voluntary and disability organisations.
Strategic project management is critical for the community and voluntary organisations. Reliance on funding requires service providers to develop their offerings and secure funding by undertaking projects. This necessitates organisations to be more proficient in completing projects in order to;
- Ensure they deliver the expected the benefit to their service users
- Demonstrate too funders that finances have been effectively exploited
- Avoid Porject Drift
The aim of this course is to give the learner an understanding of the methods and techniques to manage projects. In addition, it should help the learner develop a number of skills such as planning, problem solving, team building, leadership and communication.
By the end of this course learners will;
- Be able to define project management and understand the reasons for using it
- Understand the differnet stages of a prject's life cycle.
- Be able to create an effective project plan and understand what is needed
- Have knowledge of the different charts and diagrams that can be used to help plan a project.
- Know how to predict and manage any risks that may hinder the project.
- Know how to maintain the projects prgress and ensure that it is completed efficiently.
Informaion is now avaialbe for this course which will be run over five Saturdays from September to December 2018. Delivered from the Disability Federaion of Ireland, Dublin.
- Saturday 29th September 2018
- Saturday 20th October 2018
- Saturday 3rd November 2018
- Saturday 24th November 2018
- Saturday 8th December 2018
For further information or to reserve your place contact Claire Gallery email@example.com or call 061 202960.
Disability Federation of Ireland, Funbally Court, Funbally Lane, Dublin 8