DFI Elections 2020
We're running a campaign to make disability a top priority for candidates in General Election on the 8th February. If you care about disability issues you need to get involved!
You can do this in many ways. For example;
- Use our email tool here to contact your general election candidates. Add in your own words or use ours.
- For political parties manifestos and disability polices click here.
- For a list of hustings click here.
- Arrange for your local club, branch, organisation to bring up disability issues with candidates:
- If you meet a candidate out and about, or if they come knocking on your door, ask them what they will do about disability issues.
- Contact your local papers and radio stations to raise disability issues before the elections. Let us know on social media.
- Get the disability facts for your county here and raise awareness.
- Get on social media using #disabilityGE2020 to follow and contribute to the campaign:
- on Twitter @DisabilityFed and on Facebook @DFIIreland.
Our key asks are outlined in our election manifestos. You can download it here and share it with the candidates. See the key asks below:
- End disability poverty- introduce a cost of disability payment and education, training and employment supports
- End isolation for people with disabilities- invest in community, housing and transport supports
- Show leadership- Taoiseach’s Department to lead on disability and resolve the growing deficits across disability services
Please let fellow supporters of disability rights in Ireland know about this campaign by sharing the #disabilityGE2020 hashtag and links to our manifestos.