Guidance to Support the Resumption of Centre-Based Respite Services
August 17 2020
The HSE have developed new Guidance to Support the Resumption of Centre-Based Respite Services in line with COVID-19 restrictions.
The guidance states that it is imperative that respite services that closed now resume. It intends to enable providers to deliver safe and person-centred respite supports in line with current public health advice and infection prevention and control guidance.
The guidance outlines a risk-assessment based approach to providing respite services. It may be useful to read the guidance alongside the HSE Rights-Based Guidance on Mitigating Risk in Disability Services.
The respite guidance includes information on the following areas:
- Service User Needs Assessment
- Staff Training and Support Needs
- Respite Service Readiness and Maintenance
- Measures to reduce the risk of accidental introduction of COVID-19
- Transport Readiness and Maintenance